Monday, November 17, 2008

Praying for the reports

Wow...talk about energizing a Monday. I had a busy fun (tiring) weekend in Bolivar with Bethany...the first thing I was interested in seeing was the new Kingdom Assignment reports! And they did bring a bounce to my step... :) Here are three more reports....


One family gives this report: "A couple we've know for several years used to be very active in church. Something happened at that church and because of that have not been back to church for about 10 years. Bought Pizza Inn gift certificates for them and invited them to church. They live close to FCC. Response unknown." It seems to meet that we should pray for all those who receive small acts of God's love...but let's all pray that this couple will visit FCC and be drawn to a local body of believers! (cummulative report: 37 servers/224 served).


One family gave money to a man who had emergency surgery to unblock his colon and subsequently will be out of work for a year. The response was as follows: "He said thank you and may come to church. We hope they will follow through and and talk with the pastor." Let's pray that this man and his family follow through!! (cummulative report: 39 servers/227 served).


This is a long report, but I don't want to leave any of it out! "I have prayed for a couple of weeks about what God desired me to do for my 'kingdom assignment.' And I finally decided it would be to take hand lotion from Bath and Body Works to the ladies at the salon where I get my haircut. So I prepared 5 lotions with a ribbon tied around the neck of each with the card telling about FCC attached to it.


When I arrived I found only 2 ladies working that day and left a lotion with each of them. My next stop was Country Mart and I gave one to my checker and one to another checker I know.


As I was standing in line, I talked to an older woman in front of me who said she had been off work and for the first time in her life had to get food stamps. We both headed to our cars and as I got in mine I realized I had one more hand lotion to give away. I got out of my car, knocked on her window, and handed the lotion to her. She said, 'Thank you' and sat ther in her car as I backed out of the parking spot. She had tears in her eyes and I realized that was the person God intended for me to bless that day. I'm glad I listened when he prompted me to talk to her and show her kindness that day." Let's pray for all five of these who received bottles of lotion...especially this one who is out of work...that God will draw them to Himself. (cummulative report: 40 servers/232 served)

And I am praying for those who have not completed their report that God will give them leading in this area...


Let's continue to be His hands and feet!

No comments: